Apply: AfDB Data Scientist Consultant
Deadline: July 25, 2022
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Data Scientist Consultant.
The AfDB’s mission is to stimulate sustainable economic development and social progress in its Regional Member Countries (RMCs), thereby contributing to poverty reduction.
- Collect, cleanse and verify the integrity of data used for analysis, in particular for the African Economic Outlook 2023
- Contribute whenever possible to empirical and theoretical macroeconomic modeling and
- Perform data exploration to identify trends, patterns and dynamics
- Ensure the production of infographics, figures and datasets in tabular form
- Perform web scraping and programming using Python, R, VBA, Stata, GAMS and Matlab
- Contribute to the preparation of knowledge products, in particular the flagship reports
- Carry out literature reviews
- Write guidance notes
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned
- Master’s degree in statistics, economics, economic modelling, macroeconomics, econometrics, development economics, applied statistics or a related field (PhD students are also encouraged to apply)
- Five years, minimum, of experience in a similar multilateral institution or any other
institution engaged in economic research, with a focus on African or developing countries
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong research orientation and knowledge of economic theories
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to manipulate large data sets
- Mastery of econometric and statistical software (Stata, E-views, Python, R. or Matlab and Latex) will be an additional asset
- Fluency in English or French
To apply and for more information, Click here.
Photo credit: Paul Kagame