Associate Researcher, Clinical Data Scientist job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a Research Associate (Clinical Data Scientist) position, in the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Center for Healthy Longevity.
The Center for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of the 6 Centers of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned to translate research into practice to improve health.
The CHL is looking for a research associate (Clinical Data Scientist) to develop comprehensive human research databases for its clinical research projects. The candidate will work with large amounts of highly complex electronic health data from multiple sources, including biomedical health records, clinical and molecular readouts, etc. One of the main goals is to develop the technical infrastructure to support a growing database.
The position requires experience in managing large datasets, data linkage, quantitative analysis of large observational, cross-sectional and longitudinal cohort datasets, and intervention trials. The candidate will work closely with the research team of the Translational Research in Longevity in Health program and the CHL to design the data collection and management strategy for the research studies.
Appointments will be made on a 2-year contract initially, with the possibility of extension.
duties and responsibilities
- Work with the management team, research fellows to develop a research database in accordance with the guidelines of the NUS / NUHS F data policy
- ormulate quality data collection techniques to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing, retention and management
- Identify, manage and track issues, risks and dependencies that affect the delivery of the project outcome
- Support the research team in the daily use of data systems and ensure compliance with legal and corporate standards
- Assist with reporting and data extraction as needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways to improve them (new technologies, upgrades, etc.)
- Ensure clinical databases and archives are protected against security breaches and data loss
- Develop data visualization framework, models for CHL
MSc/MA in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Health Statistics or relevant field
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience with demonstrated competence at the junior management level
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate interdisciplinary work
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution, etc.)
- Familiar with modern database information system technologies (REDCAP is a plus)
- Mastery of statistical software (SPSS, SAS, Graphpad etc.)
- An analytical mind with problem solving skills
Compensation will be based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, together with a detailed CV (including personal data, academic and professional background, full list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates are notified.
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
department : Deanship (Medicine)
Eligible Employee Referral: No
Job Application ID: 7611