Associate Researcher / Researcher, Data Scientist job with NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The Department of Family Medicine (DFM) at NUHS was established in 2017 to support the Division of Family Medicine within the Yon Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS). The DFM is made up of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians, researchers, medical educators and administrators. The DFM provides an exciting and dynamic place in which people from diverse backgrounds collaborate toward the common goals of achieving excellence in the teaching, research, and practice of family medicine.
As part of our efforts to significantly increase our research capacity, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and skilled researcher to lead the data science components of our research programs (research associates with exceptional merit will also be considered) . The vacancy offers an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our research programs to improve the lives of people in primary care. Our research covers a wide range of areas relevant to chronic disease, including mental health, cancer care and multimorbidity; healthy longevity; family orientation; and quality of care, including continuity and coordination. It will provide opportunities for continued interaction with other data scientists from the NUS Department of Medical Bioinformatics.
The researcher/research associate will have the following functions:
- Acquisition, management and preservation of clinical and research data in the NUHS environment in accordance with relevant ethical and security standards
- Development of new concepts and algorithms in data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Contribution to data analysis, report writing and publication of ongoing and new projects using state-of-the-art methods appropriate to the data and study design.
- Contribution to the preparation of research studies, grant proposals, ethics applications, manuscripts and oral presentations under the guidance of other team members
- Contribution to the management of research activities, including team coordination, mentoring/training researchers and clinicians in data science and statistics, conducting research workshops and seminars
- Supervision and coordination of data science and biostatistics support staff, and possibly students
- Up-to-date knowledge of current and emerging trends in data science
- Member of the DFM research committee
The position is full-time for 1 year initially, depending on the project commitments and the candidate’s career goals.
The application should include a CV and a cover letter outlining the candidate’s specific interest in joining the Department of Family Medicine. Only selected candidates will be contacted. The salary will be matched according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- A data science background with an MSc or PhD in data science or a closely related field
- Excellent understanding and experience of data science, machine learning and their applications in several fields, as well as appropriate knowledge of data science related topics, including:
- Processing and analysis of large data sets
- Data processing and data visualization
- Big data analysis
- machine learning
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis environments (R, Matlab)
- Excellent organizational, coordination and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize projects with a focus on quality and timely delivery of work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; team spirit
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities, and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. . Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/audience members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
Considering the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone on campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to gain successful employment with NUS .
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Eligible Employee Referral: Nope
Job Application ID: 17671