Cancer Registry Data Analyst | Maui Health
Maui Health is proud to be an essential part of health care in Maui County and we invite you to join our team and our mission to provide high quality care with compassion and aloha. We have many jobs available at our Maui and Lanai hospitals and clinics: Maui Memorial Medical Center, Maui Memorial Medical Center Outpatient Clinic, Kula Hospital, Kula Clinic and Lanai Community Hospital.
Learn more about our Cancer Registry Analyst position at Maui Memorial Medical Center!
Summarize, analyze and code clinical data according to appropriate classification systems. Obtains long-term follow-up data. Analyzes health records according to established standards. Processes, maintains, compiles and reports health information for research, quality assurance, program planning and marketing.
- Review and analyze patient medical records. Obtains final outcome information on disease status, recurrence, continuation of treatment, and survival time. Maintains the follow-up percentage within the standards necessary for accreditation. Determines appropriateness of follow-up in accordance with guidelines established by the Kaiser Permanente Medical Care Program and Cancer Committee.
- Promotes the ongoing care of cancer patients through a tracking system. Coordinate information. Communicates with physicians and patients regarding ongoing care. Communicates with other registries, medical institutions and healthcare professionals for the exchange of relevant information.
- Assists in the identification of cases of malignant disease diagnosed and treated under the Kaiser Permanente medical care program.
- Assistance in the organization and management of the computerized data system. Ensures compliance with Cancer Registry operations standards. Ensures that the system meets the needs of registry data users.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of quality control case findings, data abstraction, coding, tracking and processing procedures. Assist in writing and maintaining the Cancer Registry Standard Procedures Manual.
- Follows the established procedure for retrieving cancer registry data from the computerized system.
- Assistance in the assembly and dissemination of data compiled in the computer registry. Assistance in identifying and gathering information for annual and ad hoc reports. Help in designing tables, charts and graphs illustrating cancer statistics.
- Assistance with data collection for protocol studies.
- Participates in the educational activities of local, state, and national tumor registration associations. Attends conferences, symposia and training programs as directed or available.
- Assumes the responsibilities of Cancer Registry Coordinator during his absence or according to his attributions.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in the Tumor Registry OR enrolled in an NCRA-accredited formal education certificate or degree program in hopes of becoming a Certified Tumor Registrar ( CTR).
- Associate’s degree in Health Information Management, Nursing or related field OR two (2) years of directly related experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) eligible. Must pass the CTR exam within 3 years of the date of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in word processing, spreadsheets and PC database applications.
- Experience with computerized cancer registry systems.
- Knowledge of the anatomy, physiology, diagnostic examination, symptoms/characteristics/behaviour of various malignancies and current treatment methods.
- Demonstrated ability to summarize relevant information without distortion.
- Knowledge of ICD-0 and morphological coding system, including primary and histological multiple coding rules.
- Knowledge of the data collection system in the collaborative phase.
- Knowledge of FORDS (Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards.)
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in customer service, statistical data analysis/interpretation, oral communication, systems thinking, teamwork and written communication.
- Experience with METRIQ cancer registry system.
- Certified Tumor Registry (CTR) by the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA).
- Associate’s degree from a program accredited by the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA).
Main location: Hawaii, Wailuku, Maui Memorial – Wailuku Tower
Scheduled weekly hours: 40
Open days : Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Start of working hours: 08:00 End of working hours: 04:30
Work timetable : Full time
Benefits offered to part-time and full-time employees:
• Paid vacation
• Tuition reimbursement
• Flexible spending account
• Dependent Flexible Spending Account
• Discounts for employees
• & After
Apply for the Cancer registry analyst post today!
To learn more about available career opportunities, visit our Maui Health Career website!