Community Specialist Job, Cape Town, Bellville, Northern Suburbs
|Site:||Cape Town, Bellville, northern suburbs|
|Remote work:||Not applicable|
|Level of education:||Matrix|
Christian Vision SA is looking for a full-time Community Specialist to help us engage with ministry partners who use our evangelism tools and to interact with people exploring religious issues online.
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians and the local church in their evangelistic efforts. To that end, we strive to see impact in three key areas:
- Introduce people to Jesus;
- Mobilize Christians to evangelize; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
CV Community Specialists engage with both our ministry partners and the audiences we serve, building relationships with those who use our evangelistic tools and interacting with communities impacted by these initiatives.
- Participate in all global CV initiatives, onboard new church partners, and provide feedback and updates through frequent communications via email, phone calls, and meetings.
- In accordance with CV best practices, help respond to “Explorers” by responding in a timely manner via social and internal communication platforms (platforms such as FrontApp, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Assist the Community Manager in tracking, collecting and analyzing interactions with the public.
- Provide regular audience feedback to content and marketing teams, including quantitative and qualitative assessment of engagement and response.
- Manage contacts across CRM platforms ensuring data stays up-to-date and relevant.
- Identify influencers and strategic individuals online and offline, develop relationships and seek synergies on behalf of CV.
- Attend church services/events/conferences as a CV representative, as requested by the Community Manager.
- Identify strategic networking opportunities to introduce and promote CV initiatives.
- Promote CV’s vision and mission to outside ministries, organizations, churches and community groups as requested by the Community Manager.
Perform other duties, as informed and directed by your client at CV, within the parameters defined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Be available for opportunities for personal and spiritual growth.
- Proactively maintain a positive attitude.
- Adhere to all CV regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Attend all required staff and team meetings.
- Undertake professional development as needed.
- Adhere to all resume occupational health and safety requirements.
- To keep the business of CVs, CVs for employees, CVs for entrepreneurs and CVs for freelancers confidential.
- Represent the CV in a positive way.
- Maintain appropriate licenses as required.
- Keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Training
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.).
- Knowledge of Hubspot advantageous.
- Ability to interact meaningfully in online and offline contexts.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Confident public speaker.
- Experience working with international organizations advantageous
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested persons can send their CV and cover letter to the Head of Business Services at [email protected]
Published on February 04 08:11, Closing date April 5