Main objective of the position:
- Contribute to the management, maintenance and expansion of longitudinal unit health and socio-demographic scientific data
- Wits School of Public Health Parktown – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Manage, maintain and contribute to the development and expansion of complex longitudinal relational health and socio-demographic databases
- Develop scripts and applications for temporal integrity checking, cleaning and data extraction
- Perform routine database quality checks to ensure excellent data quality
- Help maintain an archive of scientific data
- Contribute to the maintenance, tuning and operation of network systems
- Provide user support
Minimum education and training required:
- Bachelor in Computer Science/Statistics/Demography/Epidemiology
Minimum professional experience required:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a data or IT environment
- Experience programming and developing relational databases
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities desirable:
- Experience with MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel as well as programming in NET (c#, vb.net) or any other language
- A combination of programming and database development skills
- Experience using statistical analysis packages such as R, Stata, SAS, etc.
- Experience in a research organization/program
- High-level problem-solving skills and self-motivation to achieve predefined goals
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to follow instructions
- Only if you meet the minimum job requirements and experience mentioned above can you submit a detailed and updated CV.
- Please apply online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our Applicant Tracking System) to enable and protect you as a candidate. to accept the new general conditions of POPIA. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you can delete your PERSONAL AJ profile when you are no longer on the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA compliant.
- Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Deadline for all applications: February 16, 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date may consider their application unsuccessful.
- Note WHC, in accordance with its employment equity objectives and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 as amended later.
- AJ Personnel is solely responsible for advertising advertising on behalf of its client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel has no salary or other information regarding the position.
About the employer:
Gauteng Research Triangle: UP, UJ and Wits – The Vice Chancellors of the Universities of Pretoria, Johannesburg and Witwatersrand have agreed to explore opportunities to establish a globally competitive research collaboration in Gauteng.
Find out more/Apply to this position