A young and dynamic provider of cutting-edge data-centric solutions is looking for a highly skilled and passionate Data Analyst to join their team. You will contribute to the development of digital tools and applications for the mining, engineering and supply chain sectors. The company uses Microsoft Azure, which allows customers to leverage tools like machine learning and AI to add real value through data-driven insights. Your role will include designing data pipelines, Power BI and customer-centric modeling and dashboards and discovering insights by applying data science tools, predictive and prescriptive techniques, statistics and algorithms that use multiple datasets. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably an industrial/chemical or science degree, have at least 2 years of work experience in a Data Analyst or BI role, you have some experience with MS Azure , SQL, Data Factories and Synapse.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (industrial or chemical preferred) or science.
- 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in the field of business intelligence or data analysis.
- You like a bit of structure – you’re good at organizing, cleaning, and consolidating large amounts of unstructured data using Azure-based tools like SQL databases, data factories, and Synapse.
- You have a passion for discovering insights by applying data science tools, predictive and prescriptive techniques, statistics, and algorithms that use multiple datasets.
- You have some experience working on cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure.
- You love design – from data pipelines to Power BI modeling and dashboards, customer-centric dashboards are essential for enabling customers to visualize their data and models.
- You are adaptable – Working for a small tech company means your role will be diverse and you must be prepared to manage and implement projects from start to finish.
- You enjoy working remotely with occasional meetings and on-site travel across Southern Africa.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position