Description of the role
The Data Analyst will be responsible for three main key performance areas within the data team namely business intelligence, data management and data communications.
The field of business intelligence will require the data analyst to be involved in internal projects that will allow the company to gain valuable insight in terms of customer demographics, potential compliance or business risks. , growth opportunities, insight into staff performance, and system and process improvements across businesses. units to meet our business needs.
The field of data management will require the data analyst to develop and maintain our databases and systems, where he will be responsible for the quality and integrity of our data across all business units and all systems.
The data reporting area will require the Data Analyst to coordinate, retrieve and present the monthly, weekly, daily and ad hoc reports that the business needs to maintain service delivery to our clients, management and teams. .
Tasks specific to business intelligence
- Perform regular opportunity analysis reports by bringing together data from various data sources and translate the data into insightful and meaningful reports that will highlight growth opportunities within our various business units
- Identify process and efficiency opportunities and present these new and innovative ideas and lead the implementation of process improvements
- Work with line managers to create reports and integrate systems to better understand the performance of their teams.
Tasks specific to data management
- Collect data from various platforms and normalize and validate various data sets on a one-off, weekly and monthly basis
- Build new data sets by extracting reports from books from various vendors to help the merge team assemble a comprehensive list of customer and vendor products
- Assist the merge team with the extraction and compilation of customer data, i.e. the personal information of the customer that will be needed to create a customer entity in our relevant databases
- Import the different datasets into the appropriate databases
- Perform any major data modification by extracting the data to be updated, performing the required updates and re-importing the updated data into the different systems
- Maintain data integrity on all systems by ensuring that checks and corrections are made on an ongoing basis
Tasks specific to the data report
- Generate, collect and send customer reports that will be sent to our customers on a monthly basis
- Generate a monthly report on the risk profile that will be sent to the relevant management team, as well as create individual reports to send to the respective wealth manager
- Generate and prepare a main bi-weekly sales pipeline report and send it to the respective line managers
- Generate and prepare an individual weekly report on the sales pipeline by wealth manager
- Generate and prepare a primary customer review report to send to line managers every month
- Generate and prepare an individual client review report to be sent to the respective Wealth Manager and Service Delivery Agent on a monthly basis
- Generate and email a KPI scorecard to wealth managers, account managers and benefits consultants to the respective line manager
- Maintain and update all KPIs calculators for the service delivery team and send them to respective line managers
- An appropriate university degree with a preference for a BSc, BSc (Comp Science) or BCom (Computer Science) BSc / BCom Statistics
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in an identical or similar position
- Exposure to financial services is beneficial
Technical skills, general knowledge and skills
- Strong sense of mathematics
- Highly skilled in Excel and able to run formulas such as, but not limited to: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, IF, Index, Match, Match and Index etc.
- Proficient in VBA
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Project management and coordination
- Customer services
- Customer relationship management
- Demonstrated critical thinking using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems,
- Demonstrated problem solving by identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions,
- Adaptable and flexible
- Organized and methodical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data analysis
Desired work experience:
Desired qualification level:
Find out more / Apply for this position