Data Analyst at Reverside – IT-Online
Main responsibilities include:
• Extraction of large sets of structured and unstructured data for a multitude of companies with different data structures
• Ownership of data structures and relevant business logic by defining standards and vision for normalized data sets
• Support the design of data systems to ensure that data analysis takes place in an efficient, scalable and repeatable manner
• Using data to find new information to inform healthcare strategies and develop products; there will be a wide range of areas to understand ranging from clinical, operations, fraud, digital, sales and marketing, wellness, and more.
• Perform basic to advanced data analysis both ad hoc and in production
• Present data and model results in a way that provides actionable insights
• Connect with a multitude of stakeholders to understand data, systems and analytics architecture in a healthcare context
• Improve data processes and results where opportunities arise. Additionally, you will be expected to contribute to the innovation and product creation process.
- Exceptional communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders
• Ability to work cohesively in a team environment while balancing multiple priorities
• High level of attention to detail, resilience, enthusiasm, energy and drive
• Positive and dynamic attitude focused on continuous improvement
• Ability to accept feedback and constructive criticism to improve delivery
• Rigorous ability to solve problems and optimize the environment
• Excellent coordination skills
A thorough understanding of the technical tools used in healthcare analytics is required as a basis for the development of analytical products, as such, the following basic knowledge is required:
• Extensive experience and skills in SQL, Python and advanced Excel
• In-depth understanding of basic to advanced statistics, risk adjustment and health outcome assessment frameworks
• Deep understanding of data in various areas of expertise from clinical, operations, fraud, digital, sales and marketing, wellness, etc.
• Knowledge of databases and metadata structures, governance and standards, including data architecture principles, ETL/ELT, etc.
• Knowledge of patient health management, provider profiling, healthcare reporting and other key healthcare technologies, etc.
• Knowledge of clinical tools including coders, groupers and classifications
• Knowledge of data science in healthcare
• Understanding of healthcare benefit pricing, product pricing and other actuarial calculations (reserve, risk rating, etc.)
• Experience in Microsoft Azure preferred (Databricks, Synapse, Data Factory, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics, health-related or similar
- A master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Extensive experience in healthcare analytics
- Microsoft Azure
- Data Science in Healthcare
- Health Outcomes Measurement Frameworks
- Data systems design
About the employer:
Reverside is a global ICT company specializing in digital engineering, integration, cybersecurity, cloud and digital transformation services with delivery centers in Johannesburg and Cape Town, South Africa, and Gurgaon, South Africa. India. Reverside is headquartered in South Africa and is a Tier 1 B-BBEE IT consulting and services organization. Reverside was founded in 2006 and has since grown into a strong team of over 300 consultants, serving over 40 active clients worldwide.
Website – [URL Removed]
LinkedIn- [URL Removed]
Find out more/Apply to this position