Main objective of the position:
- Support the study team by acquiring data from study databases, analyzing and interpreting results
- VIDA – Chris Hani Baragwanath University Hospital – Soweto – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify databases, data collection systems, data analysis and other strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of statistics
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing reports and performance metrics to locate and identify/fix code issues
- Work with the project team to prioritize business and information needs
Minimum education and training required:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in statistics/data analysis/bioinformatics/data science/computer science or other highly quantitative and computational fields
Minimum professional experience required:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional experience in clinical research, pharmaceutical or insurance analysis
- Experience in processing and analyzing large complex longitudinal datasets
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated experience working in challenging multi-stakeholder environments and ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and drive immediate results
- Ability to think strategically, manage ambiguity, and solve problems within a limited, fast-paced structure
- 3 years of experience in analytics software i.e. R/STATA/Python/R/SPSS/SAS
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL, MS Access or other)
Additional education, work experience and personal abilities desirable:
- Clinical trial experience
- Good clinical practice
- Excellent clinical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail, Motivated, Organized, Friendly, Professional
- Only if you meet the minimum job requirements and experience mentioned above can you submit a detailed and updated CV.
- Please apply online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our Applicant Tracking System) to enable and protect you as a candidate. to accept the new general conditions of POPIA. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you can delete your PERSONAL AJ profile when you are no longer on the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA compliant.
- Please note that candidates who do not meet the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- Deadline for all applications: June 23, 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date may consider their application unsuccessful.
- Our client, WHC – VIDA, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such, only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its employment equity objectives and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments .
- AJ Personnel is solely responsible for advertising advertising on behalf of its client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel has no salary or other information regarding the position.
About the employer:
The Vaccines and Infectious Diseases Analytics (VIDA) research unit at the University of the Witwatersrand, formerly RMPRU (Respiratory and Meningeal Pathogens Research Unit) has been carrying out numerous studies for more than 20 years to assess the burden and prevent diseases preventable by vaccination (VME).
Ongoing studies and projects include infant rotavirus and BCG trials.
Find out more/Apply to this position