As a member of the Data Analytics team, you will apply your programming and advanced analytics skills to work closely with internal auditors to develop analytics and testing strategies that drive insights and help the internal audit team better understand business processes and controls. Proposed improvements to processes and controls will flow from the various assessments
- Extract data from the enterprise data warehouse, identifying key features, patterns and exceptions.
- Assess the quality of the extracted data to understand any limitations or potential issues. Provide advice on resolving data quality issues.
- Generate exception reports from the data warehouse based on defined parameters.
- Perform large-scale recalculations and comparisons of results against data extracts/reports.
- Perform scenario-based testing on data extracts/reports.
- Review SQL code to identify data sources and their accuracy and completeness.
- Understand and provide guidance on the suitability of individual data access.
- Develop and maintain MIS to streamline and generate automated reports.
- Develop visualization analyzes and reports to present scenarios from the data; both at a high level to highlight potential risks and at a detailed level to enable root cause analyses.
- Help internal auditors by using hands-on analysis of business data and providing insights from it.
- Help the internal audit team understand the tools, approaches, and data infrastructure available to them.
- Work with the internal audit team to create strategic self-service data products that enable the team to work more effectively with enterprise data and identify potential risks
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of data analysis, including 2 years of experience in the non-life insurance sector.
- Relevant degree in statistics, mathematics, actuarial sciences, data science.
- Hands-on experience with SQL programming.
- Excellent understanding of database concepts such as views, materialized views, primary keys, table joins
- Experience with a visualization tool (Power BI) would be beneficial.
- Experience in analytical/statistical programming would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative to improve performance.
- Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop practical solutions.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Data Analyst
- Database concepts
Find out more/Apply to this position