IDENTIFY, analyze and explore complex data sets as your expertise as a data analyst is sought by a growing retail analytics technology company in Joburg. Your role will also involve translating business questions and objectives into data-driven insights and actionable results, reporting and BI development. The ideal candidate should have a degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Math/Computer Science or a similar field, have 3 years of work experience in a similar role, including analyzing large amounts of data (datasets the size of a terabyte), be able to understand data modeling, data architecture and ETL/ELT processes, able to research and implement relevant machine learning and deep learning approaches with a Intermediate to advanced experience using deep learning frameworks (eg TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras) to help the team build DL models. Proficiency in data query languages (e.g. SQL) is a must.
- Translate business questions and goals into data-driven insights and actionable results.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Implement systems for data collection, data analysis and other strategies that optimize the efficiency and quality of statistics.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain data systems.
- Identify, analyze, explore and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Identify anomalies in the data, drill down and perform in-depth analysis to explain why they are happening and what the business needs to do about them.
- Filter and identify data cleansing rules by reviewing IT reports, printouts, and performance metrics to locate and fix code issues.
- Interpret business data requirements.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Ad hoc reporting based on business needs (SQL query).
- Reporting and BI development.
- Implement effective data management approaches that ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Collaborate with the data engineering team to create automated and scalable data pipelines that drive specific business results.
- Degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Mathematics/Computer Science/equivalent.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Competent in resolving data queries, writing reports and presenting results.
- Experience in analyzing large amounts of data (terabyte-sized datasets).
- Able to understand data modeling, data architecture and ETL/ELT processes.
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Ability to derive actionable insights from data.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in data query languages (eg SQL) is a must.
- Ability to analyze, extract, normalize and label relevant data.
- Research and implement relevant machine learning and deep learning approaches.
- Intermediate to advanced experience using deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras) to help the team build DL models.
- Power BI.
- Experience in retail, FMCG, e-commerce and business analytics.
- Advanced SQL skills, proficiency in Python/R/Julia, advanced data analysis skills in Excel.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong problem solver.
- Able to think on your feet and take initiative.
- A team player with a professional attitude.
- A self-starter with an inquisitive nature and exceptional time management skills.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment.
- Confidence to interact with technical and non-technical personnel at all seniority levels in organizations and at customers.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position