Data Analyst job at KINGS COLLEGE LONDON
The King’s Technology Evaluation Center (KiTEC) is looking for a Data Analyst to facilitate evaluation trials of medical devices, digital health and AI technologies for NICE and the NHS and assist start-ups and SMEs to develop and provide compelling support for their value proposition.
The primary purpose of the position is to work with the Senior Medical Statistician and Senior Health Economist to set up and maintain trial databases for further analysis. This will also include preparing basic statistical summary reports and working with research groups to prepare grant applications involving power calculations and sample sizes.
The role supports KiTEC’s work on generating primary evidence from research facilitation, such as evaluation studies based on randomized controlled trials or real-world data.
Excellent communication skills are essential in order to be able to discuss data needs with non-specialists. This is an opportunity to play a role in influencing the adoption of healthcare innovation at the national level.
This position will be offered on a fixed-term contract for 18 months (with possibility of extension subject to funding).
This is a full-time position – 100% full-time equivalent (flexible/hybrid work)
• Assist in the collection, validation and reporting of clinical information for medical technology assessment trials. This will include ensuring that data is curated and developed in a way that provides robust and reliable information to all interested parties.
• Assist in the communication of test data, including the generation and distribution of regular reports, summary analysis requests to support analysis planning, management and operational needs across projects.
• Ensure accurate, timely and meaningful information is available to support service delivery, including identifying needs with staff members, specifying solution requirements, developing solutions and training staff to the use of the information.
• Cultivate strong working relationships with collaborators to understand their research questions and ensure they are answered.
• Liaise with KCL and GSTT Digital Research Environment to ensure all audits and research are logged and researchers are aware of their data protection responsibilities.
• Work in partnership with Information Services and ICT departments to ensure that KCL information policies/standards are maintained.
• On behalf of KiTEC to ensure national data security requirements are met and all data is archived in centralized databases in a secure manner.
• Assist with Information Governance compliance on all data systems and regularly audit and report to Director on key standards.
• Highlight data quality completeness and/or integrity issues that may impact ongoing projects to the Director. Investigate and take appropriate action with other team members to address it.
• Review and maintain the Data Quality and Assurance Policy in conjunction with senior management, ensuring that it is kept up to date and reflects monitoring of local and national requirements and standards.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake the duties and responsibilities reasonably expected within the scope and classification of the post.
Skills, knowledge and experience
1. 1st class or 2:1 honors degree or equivalent in a relevant field of science or engineering, or in a health-related field
2. Good quantitative/statistical skills and experience in data analysis
3. Knowledge of database structures
4. Work in a multidisciplinary team and in a clinical and/or academic environment
5. Excellent communication skills – ability to explain the structure of test data to a wide range of audiences
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues within a multidisciplinary team, as well as with external collaborators
7. Experience in delivering high quality results under tight external deadlines
8. Highly organized and meticulous in managing and conducting research
1. MSc or PhD level degree in a field related to quantitative analysis
2. Writing experience for publication
3. Experience with clinical research governance processes