Imperial is an African provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. By focusing on the following key industries – healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals, industrial and raw materials – we bring the products of our customers and constituents to some of the most dynamic and challenging markets in the world. As a global logistics leader, we research and leverage new technologies to deliver innovative end-to-end solutions. Through our large African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25,000 people, Imperial’s goal is to connect Africa and the world – and improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services. Imperial became a 100% owned company of DP World in March 2022. For more information: [URL Removed]
- The Imperials Logistics Africa business is the leading logistics provider in South Africa and one of the largest on the African continent, providing contract logistics, road freight and master logistics provider solutions.
- Imperial Logistics International, headquartered in Duisburg, Germany, is responsible for all Group logistics activities (including contract logistics and freight) outside of Africa.
- Imperial’s Market Access business develops complex market access solutions that provide constituents with access to patients and consumers across Africa through comprehensive channel strategies that integrate supply, sales, demand generation, distribution, marketing and promotions.
The provision of reliable, timely, efficient and high quality data analytics solutions and professional services that will enable Imperial Oil to make faster and more informed decisions based on the information generated by this capability.
Key performance areas
- The team to achieve common goals and deliverables
- Reliable, punctual, efficient and quality delivery according to the chosen process and tooling
- Mitigation plans are in place for work items that will not be delivered according to the estimated schedule
- Information is always rigorously tested and approved before being released to D&IT and Imperial
People and cultures:
- Build and maintain a healthy working relationship within the team
- Actively participate and contribute to ongoing knowledge sharing initiatives
- Actively participate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
Process and delivery:
- Reliably deliver your sprint backlog
- Ensure efficiency through accurate work estimates and completion of work against estimates according to the sprint plan
- Guarantee the quality of deliverables.
- Ensure that processes and tools are used effectively
Technology and standards:
- Define, document and communicate design patterns
- Ensure definition, documentation and communication of solution designs prior to implementation
- Ensure that as-built documentation is done to standards and is continually updated to ensure accuracy
- Ensure work is completed against agreed definition of completed
- Ensure the WIKI is updated for content accuracy and structure
- Adhere to source code management practices
- Adhere to quality assurance practices
- All corporate governance, processes, procedures and statutory, legal and other requirements
Skills and experience required:
- 7+ years in Business Intelligence/Data Analytics/Data Science/Modeling/Statistics
- Programming and statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence principles and best practices
- Client orientation
- Improvement orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Decide and take action
- Adapt and react to change
- Dealing with pressures and setbacks
- Present and communicate information
- Connecting and networking
- Adhere to principles and values
Technical skills :
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and data mining techniques, i.e. regression, random forest, boosting, trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Query databases using statistical computer languages, i.e. R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms
Imperial Oil is committed to transformation, which encompasses employment equity, diversity and inclusion when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within whenever possible. Therefore, please be aware that internal applications will be considered first before considering external applications.
- Data analysis
Desired work experience:
- 5 to 10 years Data analysis / Data warehousing
Desired level of qualification:
Find out more/Apply to this position