Data Analyst – Technical.ly
Quick setting: Axios is a growing-stage startup dedicated to delivering trustworthy and award-winning news content in an audience-focused format. We are recruiting a Data Analyst!
Why is this important: Our Data Analyst will champion a data-driven culture by empowering others to use data to make responsible decisions, ask smart questions, and perform complex ad hoc analysis for key stakeholders. This person will collaborate with various other teams and provide regular information and context to key stakeholders.
The details: You must be a highly collaborative problem solver able to understand how data is implemented, distributed and consumed. An understanding of how to work with large amounts of data to support or disprove a hypothesis is also essential in this role. A strong candidate should be able to analyze, translate, and communicate data effectively with product and engineering teams as well as other key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Axios, a collaborative spirit, and will possess the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Applied experience and proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated experience working with large datasets and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.)
- Ability to analyze large data sets to identify patterns / trends and apply statistical techniques
- Experience with the use of business intelligence tools (Looker is preferred, but not required)
- Experience and comfort with data analysis and reporting for business stakeholders, external customers or product and technology teams
- Familiarity with data modeling and common data warehouse schemas (Star, Snowflake)
- Strong growth and a curiosity driven mindset, with an interest in gaining experience working with a variety of stakeholders, translating business requirements and presenting results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid experience of working effectively with colleagues
- Proficiency in Python desired, but not required.
Do not forget :
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- 12-week paid leave for informal caregivers
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Benefits for commuters and cellphones
- A commitment to an open, inclusive and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development allowance
Additional benefits of the pandemic:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $ 100 monthly homework allowance
- Company sponsored access to Ginger coaching and support in mental health
- OneMedical membership, including telehealth services
- Increased working flexibility for parents and caregivers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to apply for financial support in the event of financial difficulties or emergencies
- Discount on the class pass
- Company sponsored virtual social events
Employer statement on equal opportunities
Axios is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, elder status fighter, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as defined by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, time off, compensation, benefits , training and learning. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit and current business needs.