large permanent business exists in the FMCG space in Cape Town. A well-established company is looking for a Data Scientist to join its dynamic team.
Stellenbosch is known for its natural beauty and oak-lined avenues, Cape Dutch architecture, history and culture and of course its wine routes. Thus, despite its heritage, it retains a youth [URL Removed] The position comes with great business benefits and is located in one of the best places to live in South Africa in our opinion with excellent facilities that will keep every member of the family entertained.
Are you a senior candidate with strong data science skills and a strong digital marketing background?
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 12+ years of proven work experience as a data architect, data scientist, data analyst or similar role
- Thorough understanding of database structure principles
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- SQL and Oracle expertise
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
- Ability to use project management principles to manage projects successfully.
- High level of computer knowledge in Microsoft office suite and SAP (advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint will be required)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated technical knowledge in area of responsibility
- Demonstrate good judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and effectively assess priorities
- Provide strategic direction and direction to the technical landscape and determine relevant opportunities in line with corporate strategies
- Implement and optimize the technical architectural landscape through relevant research and design recommendations
- Drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility
- Build trusted business partnership relationships
- Personal development and teamwork
If so, send us your application and let’s get the ball rolling towards, hopefully, securing your next big business.
- database structure principles
- Data mining and segmentation techniques
- Data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau and R
- 12+ years of proven work experience as a Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Find out more/Apply to this position