A fast-paced e-commerce platform seeks the expertise of a highly analytical and solution-oriented Data Scientist to join its BI team where you will build predictive models, verify data integrity and create automated systems anomaly detection system and monitor its performance. The successful incumbent must possess an appropriate tertiary qualification in Data Science/Statistics with 3+ years of experience in BI with a strong focus on Data Science, proficiency in Data Mining, Mathematics and Statistical Analysis, Excel, Tableau, SQL, programming languages like Python and have an excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, including clustering methods, neural networks and boosting algorithms.
- Build models to predict property and vehicle prices. Cool huh?
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving data and business insights.
- Process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Create algorithms and build predictive models to improve product offerings.
- Use machine learning techniques to improve data quality.
- Create automated anomaly detection and performance monitoring systems.
- Generate reports with insights from datasets and models to present to the team.
- A Data Scientist or Statistics qualification.
- 3+ years of BI experience with a strong focus on data science.
- Proficiency in data mining, mathematics and statistical analysis.
- Experience with Excel, Tableau, SQL and programming languages (i.e. Python).
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as clustering methods, neural networks, boosting algorithms, etc.
- Exceptional analytical skills – the ability to identify trends, patterns and insights from data.
- A team player.
- Have a positive and proactive approach.
- Attention to detail and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to easily communicate complex ideas in an easy to understand manner.
- An analytical mind and a penchant for problem solving.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position