Editorial Data Analyst | Media professions
Job title: Data manager/editorial analyst, European power
Type of employment: Permanent
Location: London Headquarters, Holborn
Hierarchical link: Editor-in-chief
Business hours: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Argus Media is a global media organization providing essential information, daily reports and analytical tools on the energy and commodities markets. We are a fast growing company with presence in UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, China, Singapore, Dubai, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Russia, Ukraine, Latvia and Kazakhstan.
Purpose of the position
We are looking for a Data Manager/Analyst to join our European Generation Fuels team, focusing on the European electricity market.
This is an excellent opportunity for an early career data analyst or data journalist to develop in-depth expertise in managing, structuring and interrogating the fundamental data essential to understanding the European data market. electricity – a key element in the transition to a low-carbon future.
Your role will include monitoring and quality assurance of our automatically collected data, maintaining data taxonomy, and developing tools to query and analyze data.
You will work closely with our Energy and Fuel Commodities Editorial teams who make extensive use of this data, as well as our Data Science and Technology Development teams who oversee our systems and architecture. of data. You will also liaise with existing third-party service providers to ensure that our data collection remains comprehensive and timely.
Over time, you’ll have the opportunity to further develop your skills – whether that’s developing your technical abilities in R or other languages, or developing your analytical abilities by producing content for our e-fuels publications. and production.
The environment is fast-paced but values deep thinking and cultivates a collegial atmosphere. You will enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues from diverse backgrounds, many of whom are located in other Argus offices around the world.
- Monitoring and quality assurance of automatically collected data
- Liaise with service providers to ensure data collection is complete and timely
- Development of tools in Excel/Power BI for querying/analyzing data
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university
- Understanding of relational database concepts (PK, FK, joins, groupings, unique constraints and indexes)
- Intermediate level SQL knowledge (preferably MS SQL)
- Expertise in PowerQuery (Excel, PowerBI) and experience writing code with VBA
- Be able to configure and invoke data connectivity mechanisms (ADO, DAO, ODBC)
- R and Rshiny experience useful but not essential
- Project management experience helpful but not essential
- Strong coordination and time management skills
- Demonstrable interest in data curation and analysis
- Self-motivated, able to show initiative and curious by nature
- Strong social skills and team spirit
About Argus Media
Argus Media is committed to the professional and personal growth of all its staff and offers numerous training and career development opportunities, as well as participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network.
Argus is an independent media organization with nearly 1,100 employees. It is headquartered in London and has 26 offices in the world’s major commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analyzes of international energy and other commodity markets and offers tailored advisory services and cutting-edge conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trading and as benchmarks in financial derivatives markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a private company registered in the UK. It is owned by employee shareholders, global private equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor.
Our award-winning, fast-growing company provides a dynamic environment for talented and enterprising professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an investor in people, we foster professional development and retain a high performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus system
- Group pension plan
- Group health and life insurance plan
- flexible working
- 25 days of vacation with annual increase up to 30 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subscription travel loans
- Cycle-work program
- Extensive internal and external training
Please send your CV and cover letter via our website.
Argus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.