Faculty Business and Data Analyst job with MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY – SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
- Salary package: $97,783 to $106,018 per year (HEW 7), plus 17% employer pension contribution and annual leave
- Type of appointment: Permanent full-time position
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are looking for a well-organized data analytics professional to provide data analytics and generate insights to stakeholders to effectively manage the design, development and delivery of teaching, learning and research outcomes at the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences.
Reporting to the Head of Educational Development, Governance and Initiatives, this role oversees the development and maintenance of key systems, including assessment portfolios that underpin the course-level assessment framework for flagship courses. , including the MD course at Macquarie. This position will work across the Educational Services portfolio to provide continuous process improvement and innovation to ensure efficiency and better ways of working.
Your proven systems knowledge, expertise and analytical skills will enable you to deliver insights to facilitate evidence-based decision-making across the portfolio and the Faculty more broadly. Your ability to manage multiple tasks, competing deadlines and your adaptability to changing circumstances will be essential to the successful functioning of the position. Excellent communication skills and a customer orientation with the ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively with people at all levels will also be key to success in this role.
Macquarie is the university for pioneering spirits. Globally recognized as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities are revealed. We helped people hear, brought wireless internet technology to the world and broke traditional boundaries by appointing Australia’s first female Vice-Chancellor.
At Macquarie, you’ll join a vibrant community with diverse perspectives, all working towards a better future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful campus of parks, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and swimming pools, childcare facilities, an on-campus train station, and the new Macquarie Center shopping complex. the next door.
Macquarie University Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation’s first fully integrated academic health sciences center under the direction of a university. It brings together the excellent work of medical and paramedical clinicians and researchers across the University and the country, with unparalleled access to the cutting-edge clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light. Macquarie is a university committed to the real and often complex issues and opportunities that define our lives. Since our founding 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different kind of university. Over the years we have grown to become the center of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter (2 pages maximum) that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Degree or higher degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of relevant concepts and experience in the use of related systems, tools and techniques, analytics, performance indicators, systems thinking methods and database management.
- Proven expertise in the following specialized systems – Alteryx, Microsoft software including PowerBI, PowerAutomate (desirable), SharePoint and other Office 365 applications.
- Experience and record of achievement in implementing analytics and practical applications in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience performing analysis using various methods for relational and non-relational datasets to facilitate evidence-based decision making.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and experience analyzing and interpreting requirements and information from many sources
- Time management and organizational skills, and demonstrated experience coordinating and delivering to competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and client orientation, with a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate effectively with people at all levels
Specific requests: Kerri Mackenzie at [email protected]
General Information: Jasmine Xia at [email protected]
Applications Close: Tuesday, March 8, 2022 (11:55 p.m.) AEDT
Given the current Australian Government’s COVID-19 border restrictions, applications for this position are only accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or persons currently residing in Australia with full employment rights.