Phenogenomics Data Scientist job with AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (ANU)
Classification: ANU 7 officer (technical)
Salary package: $92,100 – $96,713 per year plus 17% superannuation
Term: Two full-time term positions available for 12 months with possibility of extension
Two exciting new Data Scientist positions are now available within the ANU Bioinformatics Consultancy (ABC), based at the John Curtin School of Medical Research (JCSMR). This role will be of particular interest to candidates with a strong background in computer science/engineering but who wish to pursue a career in science, particularly health/life sciences. These are full-time one-year positions with the possibility of extension, supporting two exciting projects in human health and genomics (the Phenomics Translational Initiative and ARDC Cross-NCRIS “Data Assets for Genomic Medicine”).
The ANU has an international reputation for research and education relevant to the health and well-being of the Australian population, as well as that of the developing world. This is achieved through discovery research, applied research in health service settings, research-based teaching in health and medical sciences, and the translation of research findings into practice and Politics. The ANU College of Health and Medicine includes the School of Psychology Research, the ANU School of Medicine, the John Curtin School of Medical Research and the School of Population Health Research. These schools work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, in partnership with the health sector locally, nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will:
- Discover the entire data lifecycle, through new samples of digital preservation, analysis, archiving, indexing and recovery, working with existing infrastructure and developing new tools to maximize scientific potential.
- Perform genomic and transcriptomic data analysis under expert supervision and guidance. A chance to learn from the best!
- Participate in the development of new software tools, databases and web infrastructure for national-level collaborations, including working with the National Computing Infrastructure (NCI) project and cloud teams.
We are looking for creative and enthusiastic people who want to experience bioinformatics and computing for life sciences. Both roles will work together, so friendly, clear and open communication is essential.
For further information on this position, please contact Cameron Jack, ANU Bioinformatics Consulting Manager at [email protected]
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant via: [email protected]
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information on staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
Closing Date: April 12, 2022
Job Description : Job description (1).pdf
To apply for this position, make sure to upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) that includes the names and contact details of at least three references (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees, you can complete them online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if necessary.
Applications that do not meet the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have the right to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. A job offer is conditional on satisfactory results.