Product Manager/Data Scientist – Career Connections
If the incumbent has already graduated, this position will begin with an internship and have the option to progress to a permanent full-time position. If the incumbent returns to school in August, there will be an opportunity for part-time work during the semester, if applicable.
Under direct supervision, this role will be responsible for helping drive business value through data science models that help the organization scale appropriately. Be comfortable with data science modeling and creating visualizations that drive positive change. Be willing to work with the smallest details of a product and be comfortable participating in cross-functional teams that include partners from data science, analytics, product development, and engineering. The role will work closely with sales and operations organizations to ensure product lifecycle deadlines are met, development roadblocks are removed and milestones are completed on time. The role will report to the Director of Product Management and will receive regular company specific training, feedback and development throughout the tenure of the role.
Essential job functions
· Help the team define and measure success on different dimensions (product success indicators, OKRs, KPIs, etc.). Iterate with other Product Managers and Sales Managers to drive strategy across teams.
Identify markets for new wire and cable products and help drive product development from concept to launch
Identify opportunities where advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning can solve specific needs
Define product gaps and use data to recognize internal and external customer needs
Use existing datasets and create new ones to streamline and optimize various business practices
Support cross-functional teams by helping them achieve their goals through goal setting and project definition
Build an impactful relationship with Encore Wire’s technical community, customers and vendors by proactively collaborating with key stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) from an accredited college or university.
· Solid experience in analysis and statistics
Knowledge of electronics and electrical components
· Working knowledge of industry-specific regulatory standards (ASTM, ISO, UL, RoHS, etc.)
· Significant experience in project management
· Strong skills in communication, teamwork, adaptability, problem solving and critical observation
· Proven ability to produce projects consistently, resulting in positive financial ramifications for the organization
Experience with Tableau or other visualization software
Experience with Minitab or other statistical analysis
· Fluent English