Research Data Analyst/Senior Research Data Analyst Job with MASARYK UNIVERSITY
Department: RECETOX – Faculty of Sciences
Deadline: April 30, 2022
Start date: dohodou
Type of employment: full time
Working area: IS/IT: Consultations, analyzes | Science and research
Masaryk University Faculty of Science Secretary announces selection procedure for the Research Data Analyst – Senior Research Data Analyst
Location: RECETOX, Faculty of Sciences, Masaryk University of Brno
Period of employment: 1 year CDD with possibility of extension
Business hours: 40 hours per week or less by mutual agreement
Expected start date: immediately or negotiable regarding immigration deadlines for non-EU applicants
Number of open positions: 1
Closing date for applications: April 30, 2022 or until the position is filled
RECETOX is an institute of the Faculty of Science of Masaryk University involved in interdisciplinary research and education in the field of environment and health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport and bioaccumulation to assess the environmental effects and assess exposure and risks to human health. See more at www.recetox.muni.cz/en
We are looking for a person who would join the environmental epidemiology team within the ERA Chair project as a Data Manager – Data Analyst. The suitable candidate should have experience in data processing, editing and management (cleaning, exporting, recoding, linking) and statistical analysis.
- Day-to-day data management
- Find ways to improve data quality and data processing (automation)
- Link different types of data (e.g., link individual survey data to geographic data)
- Collaborate on statistical analyzes responding to specific research hypotheses, perform ad-hoc analyzes
- Suggest improvements and fixes and implement them into existing procedures
- Collaborate with other data managers and scientific partners
- Create reports or presentations summarizing data
- Create and maintain standard data documentation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (mathematics, computer science, statistics, psychology, mathematical biology, sociology or similar)
- Good knowledge of data processing and statistical analysis (knowledge of one of the following: R, SQL, Python, SPSS, STATA, Statistica, Mplus)
- Ability to understand population and health research data – health, socio-economic, environmental data, chemical analysis data, genetic data, etc.
- A systematic approach to problem solving
- Independence, diligence, reliability, ability to take risks and accept responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team
- Communication skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate between technical, support and research teams
- Proficiency in English at level B2/C1
- Experience with questionnaire surveys, experience with structured and unstructured data
- Some basic experience with GIS
- Familiarity with interactive applications (e.g. Shiny) for data visualization and analysis
- Interesting and engaging work in a leading scientific institution
- Motivating salary and working conditions
- Opportunities for continuing education, including participation in scientific conferences
- Opportunities to collaborate with international teams
- Possibility of short-term internships abroad
- Involvement in a multidisciplinary team
- Social advantages: 6 weeks of paid vacation, flexible working hours, meal allowance, pension contribution, work anniversary bonus, Vodafone employee program for telephone plans, MultiSport card, free coffee at the workplace, discounts at the Scala cinema and university libraries, etc.
- Flexible scheduled start date
- Flexible workload – can work less than 40 hours
Are you interested in the position and would you like to be part of our team?
How to register
Please send your (i) structured CV(ii) a short cover letter, and (iii) a letter of recommendation, if applicable, by completing the MU electronic application form in the electronic application section below.
After successfully submitting your application, you will receive an automatic submission confirmation email. If there are any problems with filling in the electronic application form or if there are any problems with the submission, please contact us at [email protected]
Suitable candidates will be invited for an interview in person or via videoconference.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!
Applications received will be carefully assessed in accordance with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct. Selection criteria include: (i) meeting the applicant profile requirements listed above (ii) submitting all required documents for application. The rules of the faculty selection procedure can be found here.
As an employer, the Faculty of Science at Masaryk University provides equal opportunities. We encourage diversity and strive to create a work environment that meets the individual needs of all employees.
Masaryk University (MU) is the second largest university in the Czech Republic, with 9 faculties, over 5,000 employees and 30,000 students. We are a university with a wide range of research areas and a strong international reputation. Our mission is to provide the highest quality education and research.
MU’s Faculty of Science, a proud recipient of the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award, is a research-oriented faculty, offering training related to basic and applied research and secondary school science education: Mathematics , physics, chemistry, biology and earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit at Masaryk University, generating approximately 40% of the university’s total research output.
Take a look at our Careers page.