Researcher, specialist in bioinformatics / Data Scientist at NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
The National University of Singapore is inviting applications for a Researcher (Bioinformatics Specialist/Data Scientist) in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin Medical School.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Researcher (RF) will be responsible for and work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to successfully achieve the research outcomes pursued in multiple funded projects.
- Perform data analysis using statistical and computational techniques.
- Project planning, preparation of manuscripts and grant applications.
The applicant must:
- Have a good PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics or equivalent from a recognized university, with a minimum of 2 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Experience with data technologies, bioinformatics, algorithm design, microarray data, RNA sequencing and RNA sequencing data pre-processing will be considered favorably.
- Experience with statistical analysis, including machine learning (SVM, random forests, regression), significance testing, empirical p-value calculation, regression, clustering, and deep learning.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, and must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess good organizational skills
- Proficient in the following applications, e.g. SPSS, “R”, Stata, Python, etc.
Appointments will be made on an annual contractual basis with the possibility of extension.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our top priorities and the COVID vaccination supports our commitment to keeping our community safe and making NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interaction with students/staff/public members. Even for professional roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence will be required.
As of January 15, 2022, based on Singapore legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform you that job applicants must be fully immunized against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Site: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
department : Medication
Employee Referral Eligibility: No