RISK AND DATA ANALYST at Universal Healthcare
The position requires broad analytical and statistical skills to mitigate potential risk factors that involve healthcare players and their associated business models. These risk factors include demographics, changes in morbidity, drug cost inflation, and changes in utilization with respect to, but not limited to, identification of fraudulent waste and abuse and the risk mitigation. After analysis of these factors, decisions, suggestions and implementation of solutions on how to protect these organizations against the identified risks, and results communicated to stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MODELING
Work with the respective stakeholders to provide the required capacity which involves the following aspects:
- Analyse of needs
- Design to ensure a flexible and automated solution
- Testing of the solution with the required feedback to the developer ensuring delivery to the requirements at the required quality
- Implementation and training of team members and respective clients, as required
- Documentation management, if applicable
- Statistical and financial modeling
- Identification and mitigation of risks with respect to, but not limited to, waste and abuse of fraud.
DATA WAREHOUSE DESIGN
- Be part of the Data Warehouse design team with Business Analytics Analyst, General Manager, ETL Data Warehouse Specialist(s) against identified projects/products
- Solution analysis and underlying procedures, database design and logic.
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT OF BI PRODUCTS
- Along with the BI Systems Analyst, be part of the BI product design team, consulting with stakeholders on the technical and statistical view of product development to identify and mitigate business risks.
- Demonstrate modeling capability/functionality to stakeholders.
- Identify and implement mitigation strategies with respect to business and industrial risks.
- Consult, coach and train various members of the BI department regarding coding/reporting involving the following
- Financial field application and financial calculations
- Financial modeling applications
- Application of statistical/actuarial methodologies
- Fraud and Abuse Waste Methodologies
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND AD HOC REQUESTS
- Assignment regarding special projects/ad hoc requests from time to time.
- BI department
- General director
- BI Developers
- Cognos: BI architect/technical lead
- SQL: BI architect/technical manager
- Qlikview/Qlik Sense Developers
- Professional users
- Project managers
- Functional managers
- IT development managers
- IT implementation manager
- Deputy project managers
- Operational managers
- Industry partners/software vendors.
- Outsourced development where appropriate – contracted parties.
- Program customers
- Forensic partners
- Tertiary degree, e.g. B.Sc/B.Com in Actuarial Science or Financial Mathematics or Mathematical Statistics
- BI experience
- Essential Qlik tool suite / Cognos experience will be beneficial
BASIC EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Analytics – a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Data modeling
- Statistical trend and correlation analysis
- Identification of outliers
- Report writing
- Automation Solutions
- Neural network experience will be beneficial.
- Experience of fraud, waste and abuse in health care will be beneficial.
SQL – a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficiency in writing queries and stored procedures for reporting and testing purposes
The following technical skills will be advantageous
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 SSIS including active X script (VB script)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Transact-SQL and Stored Procedures
- Star Schema Methodology Ralph Kimball Data Warehouse
- The company is based in Sunninghill Park, Sandton.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
THE UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE EMPLOYMENT EQUITY APPROACH GENERALLY AIMS TO:
- Promote diversity in the workplace;
- Promote equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment through the elimination of all forms of unfair discrimination.
Thank you for your interest in working for Universal Healthcare. Please note that your application will be reviewed in accordance with the requirements of the position and the Company will select suitable candidates taking into account its employment equity policy. If no response is received within 30 working days of your submission date, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position, your CV will remain active in our database if you are suitable for positions in the future.
- Data analysis
- Data integrity
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Establish positive working relationships
- Solve problems and make decisions
- Quality orientation
- Ability to work independently
About the employer:
Universal Healthcare has established itself as a leader in providing integrated, evidence-based healthcare services in the areas of medical plan administration, health insurance, healthcare management, corporate and occupational health and well-being, and integrated loyalty programs based on well-being.
We create access to healthcare for people in South Africa through medical plans, personalized corporate health products, health insurance, employee wellness programs, managed care, a network of healthcare professionals, gap coverage and much more.
“To be a leading, world-class healthcare and technology group respected for excellence in providing access to innovative, evidence-based solutions with a caring approach. »
Employer and Benefits:
- medical aid
- Gap coverage
- Pension funds
- Group life insurance and permanent health insurance
- 360 degree loyalty program
- Funeral blanket
Find out more/Apply to this position