Senior Data Analyst – Education Studies – Virtual Job at Westat
Westat is an employee-owned company that provides research services to US government agencies, as well as corporations, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 people is located at our corporate headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat’s Education Studies Practice is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to work closely with a multidisciplinary research team conducting educational research and evaluation projects. In this role, you will use your excellent analytical and communication skills and attention to detail to support Westat’s project work.
- Provide technical support to project staff by working with programmers and statisticians on education research
- Write programming specifications for analysis
- Develop restricted use files and documentation
- Verify data fields, web programming specifications and online survey data
- Coordinate with statisticians to review sampling and weighting plans
- Control the quality of data deliverables
- Assistance in the development of analysis plans
- Contribute to report writing
- Contribute to proposals for new projects
- Master’s degree in a social science field (e.g. economics, public policy, sociology, education, psychology) and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with large scale datasets and performing statistical analysis with software packages (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS or Stata)
- US citizenship is required by contract
- Training in research methods and basic knowledge of sampling and weighting
- Experience working with large-scale federal K-12 education datasets, such as EDFacts, Common Core of Data, Consolidated State Performance Reports, or Civil Rights Data Collection.
Westat offers a comprehensive and comprehensive benefits package focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees can participate in:
- Employee share ownership plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Annual leaves
- Sick days
- vacation leave
- Professional development
- health advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel accident insurance
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- vision insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Critical illness insurance
- Complementary life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health savings account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat personnel, regardless of location, to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all security protocols, subject to accommodations approved under applicable law.
Westat is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability , marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression. , or other protected status under applicable law.