Senior Data Analyst – Flexport
Fast and accurate information is essential to enable us to fulfill our mission of repairing the user experience in global commerce. At Flexport, you will perform analytics that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics and supply chain industries. You will work alongside self-taught people interested in solving real-world problems and rationalizing inefficiencies in the complex sector of global commerce. You will have the opportunity to improve an industry by analyzing the new operating system for global commerce.
You will be:
- Flexport is a data-driven business – you’ll turn data into action by working cross-functionally with all of Flexport.
- Meet with stakeholders – business and product – to understand OKR requirements and convert them into analytical solutions
- Model new product analysis datasets based on our proprietary operating software to optimize growth strategies and cost reductions
- Improve the operational and financial productivity of our company and our software
- Rapidly prototype new functionalities via dashboards to enable new working methods and discover best practices for workflow management in all departments of Flexport;
- Contribute and develop the culture of excellence within our team by bringing processes and best practices to our group.
- Drive highly visible projects for Flexport
- Influence the roadmap for both the Data Analytics department and the stakeholders we support
You should have:
- 4+ years of experience in a data analyst, product analyst, operations analyst, business analyst or similar role
- Proficiency in SQL required – experience in the technology industry in analyzing complex data sets
- Familiarity with applied statistics and scripting languages like Python or R
- Experience in ELT data modeling (DBT is a plus) and creating dashboards (Looker is a plus)
- Executive communication skills and empathy to understand and uncover business weaknesses and create solutions to improve user experience at all levels of the global business process
- Interest in optimizing operational productivity and measuring automation in all of our software and business processes
You will have:
- Experience in a fast growing company that lives and breathes data;
- The opportunity to define the culture of data science within a small but growing analytics team
- Significant equity
- Analytical property – discover projects with the highest added value and follow them from their ideation to their impact.
We believe that global trade can advance the human race. That’s why our mission is to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by creating the Operating System for Global Commerce – a strategic model combining cutting-edge technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects nearly 10,000 customers and suppliers in 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Launched in 2013, we have raised over $ 1.3 billion in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $ 1 billion SoftBank Vision Fund investment in February 2019.
Worried that you don’t have any experience in freight forwarding?
- Don’t be! We are building the first operating system for global commerce. That is why it is extremely important for us to bring in people from of diverse origins and experiences with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- What is freight forwarding and why is it important? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipping of goods from one place to another and this is what makes global trade possible. Flexport’s mission is to make global trade easy for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education from day one with Flexport Academy, an intensive week-long onboarding program designed specifically to prepare every new Flexport employee for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission to facilitate global trade for all relies on a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That’s why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where everyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status , marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Read the full job description