Senior Data Scientist – Experimentation – FARFETCH Job within the FARFETCH Group
We are a positive platform for good, bringing together an amazing creative community made up of our employees, partners and customers. This community is at the heart of the success of our business. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for everyone.
We’re a data team that takes care of everything: big data engineering, machine learning, analytics and deep analytics. We are a diverse, global team that creates data solutions to deliver an unmatched customer experience. Whether it’s generating gigabytes of e-commerce data, using AI to recommend the latest trends, or understanding our customers better than anyone, we use the data to drive the growth of FARFETCH.
Our office in India is located in an upscale coworking space, located in the heart of the Two Horizon Center in Gurgaon. It offers a unique community experience with global businesses, unlimited coffee, Chai point counters, pool table and karaoke room. The office is a growing technological hub of Farfetchers of our Infrastructure and Data teams.
The experimentation team provides statistical advice, technical support, and visualizations on test results to support deployment or iteration decisions. We know that our ability to perform fast, science-based iterations is critical to our success, and we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to drive product evolution in experimentation. Reporting to the Data Science Manager, you will empower teams to use our experimentation platform through reliable user segmentation, hypothesis testing and analysis. You will be a bridge between different stakeholders (eg data engineering, product managers, business owners) in our experimentation platform. You will be responsible for the quality of the decisions made on the basis of the results of the experimentation analyzes, which would involve supporting the design of the experimentation, the analysis of the data and the communication of the results.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establish and standardize cutting-edge methodologies for the design and analysis of experiments
- Lead research efforts in the development of methods and tools that increase the rigor and efficiency of the experimentation platform.
- Work to improve the design of the experimentation platform functionality, including quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support controlled experimentation.
- Collaborate with business and product areas, integrated data science teams, and engineering teams to make informed decisions informed by experiential data
- Support business and product areas on statistically robust experiment design
WHO ARE YOU
- MSc or Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in the development and implementation of statistical solutions
- In-depth understanding of statistical concepts such as hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision making, etc.
- Experience with Python / R and exposure to cloud environments like GCP or AWS
- Experience in advanced data analysis
- Experience communicating with cross-functional stakeholders including product managers, data scientists and engineers
- Direct experience in the field of experimentation
- Experience in English (written and spoken)
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
- FARFETCH action plan
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
- Gym membership
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY DECLARATION
- FARFETCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no candidate is discriminated against on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and motherhood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to develop our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy across all of our businesses, partnerships and communities.