Senior / Research Data Analyst, Manager job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Research Data Analyst to join the Teaching and Learning Center (TLC).
TLC promotes excellence in teaching and learning through the design and implementation of innovative pedagogies; facilitation of faculty development and training; teaching and learning scholarship; and provides academic support to students while developing lifelong learning attributes in our graduates.
As a Senior Research Data Analyst, you will be proactive and crucial to the successful development and implementation of adaptive learning systems and web-based applications to improve the quality of teaching and learning at the within the university. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of data analysis solutions and research tasks related to educational data mining. These include data mining, confrontation, examination, interpretation and evaluation of relevant models (e.g. machine learning) for the system. With guidance and assistance from colleagues, you will also contribute to reports and publications to communicate the success/progress of development work.
- Qualifications and/or experience relevant to data analysis/science
- Proficiency with the Python programming language
- Proven ability in data mining and manipulation, identification and application of appropriate statistical algorithms for hypothesis testing, pattern discovery and model evaluation
- Proven ability to build applications to clean, combine, manage data from various sources and implement automated processes to produce datasets
- Proven ability to design data models on robust statistical and data mining approaches, data flow diagrams and mechanisms to optimize data flow, maintenance, storage and retrieval
- Demonstrated experience in presenting information for better decision-making and more efficient operations
- Proficiency with MySQL and a non-relational database (e.g. Redis) is a plus
- Knowledge and evaluation of machine learning and recommendation algorithms is a plus
- Knowledge of web application development is a plus
- Experience deploying applications on the AWS platform is desirable