Urban Data Analyst – New York, NY, USA | Works
Who we are
WXY is a multidisciplinary firm based in New York. We are planners, planners, architects, data analysts, strategists and creative problem solvers. No matter the size, we tackle problems and find solutions. We strive to understand a context and plan with the community in mind. We challenge ourselves to confront the range of complex issues and commit to finding solutions that support a healthy and sustainable future.
This role will involve a range of urban planning disciplines, including master planning, zoning, school planning, community engagement, economic development, sustainability, resilience and mobility. The role requires performing research, analysis and writing duties, developing visual material and engaging in discussions related to the studio’s ongoing work and business initiatives.
Strong python skills are required for this role, which will include modeling school boundaries.
- Strong data, analytical research and mapping skills (ArcMap or QGIS) Proficiency in python, especially with data science packages (pandas,
- geopandas, numpy, networkx, matplotlib, scipy)
- Proficiency in Adobe CC tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and successfully manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of NYC and DMV regions
- Experience and interest in community planning, virtual engagement, school boundary modeling and facility planning, transportation planning with a focus on electrification and shared mobility
Salary: We anticipate a budget of $65 to 85 kp/year for this position, but the eventual offer will be based on your qualifications and experience. A candidate’s experience may also qualify for a Senior Urban Analyst role. This is a full time position.
Qualifications: Graduate or undergraduate degree in urban and regional planning, geography, economics, computer science, data science, information science, politics, education.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation and national origin. WXY is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, armed forces service medalist veterans, and others protected veterans. WXY is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified persons with disabilities.
Please send a cover letter, work sample, writing sample and CV in PDF format to [email protected] with the subject “Urban Data Analyst 2022”
No phone calls please